Monday 16 June 2014

Review | NARS Deep Throat Blush


Hi Ladies. Let's get the name of this product out of the way first. Nars do like naughty names for their products. Deep Throat and Orgasm are favourites among bloggers. I think the names of Nars products in a way show the outrageousness of the brand itself. Whilst a lot of Nars colours are lovely and wearable, they are some crazy colours out there! But on to the review. Until this year, I had never tried any Nars products, but 2014 has seen the arrival of two Nars products to my collection. (And its only the end of February, oops!) For me, blushers are what Nars are most well known for. Orgasm is raved about by so many and Deep Throat is the same. I was nearly reduced to tears last year when I found out that the Guy Bourdin for Nars Blush Palette had sold out on the Space NK website. When I couldn't get my hands on the palette, I promised myself that I could buy myself a blush to make up for it. I decided that Deep Throat was the one for me. It is quite natural and will be perfect for S/S.

This is a peachy pink shade, leaning more towards pink. It is laced with the most beautiful subtle gold shimmer. Thank god no glitter as that is something that I had in face products. Who wants to look like a disco ball? Whilst it clearly is a shimmery blush, it is very natural and perfect for every day wear. Although it can be build up for a more dramatic look for the night time. Which leads me onto the pigmentation. Nars blushes are incredibly pigmented. I barely need to tap my blusher brush into the pan, and already there is enough for the apples of both of my cheeks. The just goes to show what amazing quality they are and proves that sometimes you do get what you pay for. Also, they will last such a long time, because you need so little product each time you use it.

It looks lovely on my pale complexion, but I can see it looking equally as nice when I (hopefully) have a bit of colour in my face when the summer months role around. But it is perfect for all year round and a really versatile blush.

Overall, I am so please with this blush. I have worn it every day since I got it, and have barely used my once beloved Benefit Rockateur blush! I know I will get a lot of use out of this and I'm sure I will try more Nars blushes in the future. At £22.50 they aren't cheap, but its only a pound less than Benefits Box Blushers. Nars is quite readily available. I bought mine in the Selfridges Beauty Hall, but you can also buy them from Space NK and Asos.

What are your thoughts on Nars Blushes? Have you tried Deep Throat?

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment