Tuesday 18 June 2013

My Favourite Pink Nail Polishes & Summer Picks

 
Hi Ladies. With Summer basically upon us, (not that you would know it with the rubbish weather in the UK) I thought I would show you my favourite pink nail varnishes that are also great picks for those warmer days when you are looking for a pop of colour on your nails.
 
Sinful Colours- Orange Cream
When in my local Boots, I was originally looking for Barry M Peach Melba; for some reason all Barry M nail polishes were out of stock, something to do with a faulty batch. So the next brand I immediately looked at was Sinful Colours. I found a colour almost identical to Peach Melba and bought it without hesitation. The formula is lovely, and I wore it for three days without a top coat and it didn't chip at all!
 
OPI- It's All Greek To Me
I bought this in Target in Florida, (sighs longingly) and wore it nearly everyday whilst I was there. It is the most gorgeous pink. One coat is enough for an opaque covering. The photo above doesn't really do it justice as it is so much prettier in person. I highly recommend this polish, not just for the colour, but the formula and finish is bar none.
 
Essie- Fiji
I managed to grab this on my Boots advantage card. It is a classic, effortless colour and is so easy to pull off. It compliments almost all skin tones and is the perfect nude without being to white. It looks very elegant too.
 
Barry M- Flamingo
Flamingo is a bright coral- pink. Again, it is very flattering, and for £2.99 you can't really go wrong. It is one of my go-to summer colours that I rely on again and again for a bright pop of colour on my nails. The formula is alright, once you try higher end nail varnishes, Barry M doesn't seem like the be all and end all, like it use to in my very early teens. But as I said, for the money, it's great!
 
Models Own- Soda Pop Pink
I bought this at The Clothes Show back in December for around £2 on a whim, and had never used it until about 3 months ago. I would describe it as a dusty rose pink colour. Different to your usual pastel pink- just slightly darker. I think its a little more subtle as its not as bright as in your face as some baby pinks. The formula is again alright with this, and it smells pretty awful, but I paid a minimal price for it, so I really can't complain!
 
What are your favourite nail polishes for Summer?
 
Eleanor
xxx
 


4 comments:

  1. I love peachy and pinkish colours and I love the colours you picked out! Great swatches too!:)

    Belle Epoque
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want fiji!! i never think of using my boots points.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful shades, perfect for summer time;)X



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're all pretty but I especially like the models own colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete