L-R: Givenchy Teint Couture, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, MAC Studi Fix Fluid, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, NARS Sheer Glow.
Hi Ladies! This is actually my first post of the year! Everything in my life has been so full on and hectic recently that regrettably, blogging has had to take a back seat. Today I'm sharing with you my top 5 high end foundations. Over the years I've tried load of foundations and I've found that it's usually worth paying the extra for overall better quality. Here are some that I recommend, especially if, like me, you suffer with oily skin and are looking for something that will last all day...
1. Givenchy Teint Couture Fluid Foundation- Until working in a department store, Givenchy was never a brand I thought about trying. My lovely friend Beth, who is the stores Givenchy representative is so passionate about her products, and rightly so. She matched me to a foundation and I have used it so much it's nearly all gone. It has a light weight feel, but still has plenty of coverage. I do have to touch up with powder throughout the day when I wear it, but I have grown to expect that. It is really natural and a great foundation for everyday wear.
2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation- This is such a raved about foundation on the internet and I'm so glad I jumped on the bandwagon! My whole Giorgio Armani has been amazing, from the customer service to the product itself. It makes the skin look so perfect and lit from within. It has a beautiful glow, yet doesn't look shiny at all. If you're searching for a new foundation definitely look into this one. (If you're in London, go to the Selfridges counter, the staff there are SO helpful!
3. MAC Studio Fix Foundation- An absolute cult product and possibly my favourite foundation ever. It has everything I look for in a foundation and I've already bought a new bottle. I wear it to college everyday, it stays put all day and doesn't look cakey (when paired with the right concealer and powder. I use YSL Touche Eclat, Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural). MAC do many different foundations, but this is 100% my favourite.
4. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation- This is the foundation I reach for when I'm having a good skincare. As you can probably tell from the use of 'aqua' in the name, it is water based and therefore very light weight; therefore amazing for the summer. You need the tiniest amount too so it lasts for absolutely ages. I've loved this for a very long time and will repurchase it when (if!) the sun starts to come out!
5. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation- Last but certainly not least is NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I haven't been wearing it as much recently as I bought it in the summer for my prom when I had a spray tan but I know I need to buy a new bottle that is a better match for my skin. This is the perfect foundation if you are going to an event as not only does it make your skin look absolutely flawless, but there is not SPF, meaning you get no flashback on photos!
Thank you for reading, let me know what you're favourite foundation is as I love trying new ones!
Lots of love,