Tuesday 1 January 2013

My 2012 Favourites! ♥ Makeup, Fashion & More!

I think its safe to say, 2012 has been a pretty good year for everyone, especially so if you live in the UK! With the Queens Diamond Jubilee and the spectacular event which was the Olympics and the Paralympics (I was lucky enough to attend aspects of all three events)! for patriotic members of the country like me, it has been a year full of celebrations!
 
Today, I am going to share with you my favourites beauty products, clothes and random things!
 
Skincare
 
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, Clarisonic Mia, Origins Balanced Diet Moisturiser
 
All three of these items are staple products in my skincare routine. I have used Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish for just over a year now, and received my third bottle for Christmas this year. I will be writing a review of my beloved Clarisonic Mia very soon, as well as my Origins Moisturiser, but they are both superb products that are making a (slow) difference to my skin.
 
Body Care
 
Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel, Soap and Glory The Breakfast Scrub, Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noell Shower Gel
 
Firstly, I am going to point out that all of these products are the best smelling items I own! I adore using both shower gels as they smell so divine, and I can still sniff the lingering scent throughout the day! The Breakfast Scrub was a birthday present from my lovely best friend Alex and I reach for it once or twice in the week to leave my legs soft!
 
Hair
 
Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo & Conditioner , Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
 
Having ombre hair, I am now using different hair products from what I used to. The Lee Stafford duo have really helped my hair retain its 'blondness' and I have a review of it here Using a toning shampoo & conditioner once a week does dry my hair out, so along side them, I use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle as a deep conditioner, to make my hair lovely and soft.
 
Makeup
 
 
Foundation
 
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
 
I wear this foundation whenever I am going out, and I feel so confident when I am wearing it.
 
Concealer
 
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
 
Both of these provide excellent coverage for under eye circles and blemishes and are long lasting.
 
Face
 
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, MAC Buff Powder Blush, MAC Soft N Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish
 
I love using all of these to create a natural flushed look. Cakiness isn't a problem, and they are all very long lasting.
 
Eyeshadow
 
MAC Pro Palette (top-bottom: Naked Lunch, Ricepaper, All That Glitters & Woodwinked), Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
 
These two palettes provide all I need to create all sorts of eye looks. And have been my most reached for palettes of the year.
 
Eyeliner
 
Maybelline 24h Gel Liner, MAC Smolder Eye Kohl, MAC Teddy Eye Kohl, Rimmel Nude Eye Kohl
 
All of these are amazing and well worth the money. I absolutely love MAC Eyeliners, and with the Maybelline Gel Liner, a wing is so easy to achieve.
 
Mascara
 
YSL Shocking Mascara, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
 
Although I received the YSL Mascara for Christmas, I tried it earlier in the year and loved it. It gives such amazing volume! And I love The Falsies for every day!
 
Lips:
 
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Crush & Honey, Rimmel Lipstick in 107, Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me, MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup
 
I love all of these lipsticks and each are different. All have amazing pigmentation and I find them very easy to wear.
 
Nail Polish
 
OPI Golden Eye
 
I have loved this polish ever since I bought it, and think it looks simply stunning on the nails! It also is very long lasting and easy to remove, which is something hard to find in a glitter polish!
 
Fragrence
 
Bath & Body Works Honey Autumn Apple Body Mist, Vera Wang Princess
 
I wear these together every day, and often get my friends telling me how nice I smell! Defiantly my go-to scents of 2012.
 
Fashion
 
Topshop Shorts, H&M Top
 
Anyone who knows me personally will know that this is my favourite outfit! I have worn them together so much and through all seasons! With tights and a coat and I took them to Florida with me too!
 
Candle
 
Bath & Body Works Cinnamon Sugared Donut
 
This is hands down my favourite candle ever! It smells so realistic! How I wish I lived in the US so I could buy another one!
 
Music
 
One Direction Take Me Home, Taylor Swift Red, Ed Sheeran +, Mumford & Sons Sigh No More & Babel
 
I couldn't pick a particular song for the whole year, so I chose my favourite artists, whose albums I bought! These are my top picks!
 
TV
 
My favourite TV shows of the year would have to be The Vampire Diaries, Made in Chelsea, Downton Abbey, Friday Night Dinner and Misfits!
 
Films
 
So many great films came out this year, but my stand outs would be The Hunger Games, The Lucky One, Breaking Dawn Part II and Magic Mike.
 
Blogger & Youtuber
 
My favourite blogger of the year is Kayleigh from CoutureGirl. Her blog is so beautifully set out and the content is always fabulous. Not to mention she is beautiful!
My favourite female youtuber is Tanya from Pixi2Woo. I watch all of her videos and adore her makeup tutorials, she is such a talented makeup artist and she is so sweet!
And my favourite male youtuber is so hard to pick! So my favourites are Marcus, Alfie, Casper and Jack (and Finn).
 
I hope you have an amazing 2013, and it is full of opportunity!
 


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh you really tempt me with It's Raining Men, I just love the smell of Honey I Washed The Kids so I bet this one is just as delicious! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete