Monday 14 May 2012

Recipe: Oreo Butt Cakes

In my 'Week in Photos' post, you may have seen a picture of the Oreo Butt Cakes I made; originally seen on Blair Fowler's (JuicyStar07) vlog. As soon as I saw them, I knew I had to make them- and believe me, they are so worth the effort! The few I shared with my friends went down a storm and I've lost count on how many my Dad has consumed!

Its basically a Vanilla Cupcake Recipe, and I've already done a recipe post on that- but I'll do it again, as it was a while ago!

Makes 20

You will need:

Cakes:
20 Oreos
120g Plain Flour
140g Caster Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
A Pinch of Salt
40g Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
120ml Whole Milk
1 Egg
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
20 Paper Cases

Icing:
250g Icing Sugar, sifted
80g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
25ml Whole Milk
A Couple of Drops of Vanilla Extract

Cake Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas 3.

Put the paper cases in the baking tray, and place a whole Oreo in each case.



Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) and beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined. Gradually pour in half the milk and beat until the milk is just incorporated.

Whisk the egg, vanilla extract and remaining milk together in a separate bowl for a few seconds, then pour into the flour mixture and continue beating until just incorporated (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula). Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth. Do not over mix.

Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, on top of the Oreos, and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden and the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

When the cupcakes are cold, spoon the Vanilla Frosting on top, and decorate with your choice of decorations.

Vanilla Frosting Instructions:

Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on a medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed. Turn the mixture down to slow speed. Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl, then add to the butter mixture a couple of tablespoons at a time. Once all the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier it becomes.


And this is the finished result! They are truly delicious, and I think I have eaten my fair share of them!

Hope you try them for yourself!

E
xox



xox



No comments:

Post a Comment