Tuesday 23 April 2013

Review | Revlon ColourStay Foundation Oily/ Combination Skin


My skin is something that I have never been completely comfortable with. I don't mind not wearing makeup, when I work on a Saturday, I wear absolutely no makeup, (I work in a kitchen) and I don't mind too much but I feel so much more happy when I have makeup on. I have tried numerous foundations over time, and my current one is the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. This foundation is for oily to combination skin. I have never used a foundation for a particular skin type, just Chanel Vitalumier Aqua, Rimmel Wake Me Up and Bourjois Healthy Mix which have worked well, and do stay on nearly all day, but nothing has ever combated oily skin completely. But that was before I used this! First I will talk about application, I have some pictures below to show you:

My natural skin, absolutely no makeup, just moisturiser.
 
After applying Revlon Colourstay Foundation
 
Me with full makeup:
Revlon Colourstay Foundation, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat, Collection 2000 Concealer, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, Topshop Cream Blush in Flush, Sleek Brow Kit, Yves Saint Laurent Shocking Mascara, MAC Plink Lipstick
 
As you can see, the foundation provides a very high amount of coverage and is very pigmented- without looking too cakey. On my skin, it nearly stays looking like this throughout the whole day. When I use it in conjunction with Rimmel Stay Matte powder, it hardly budges, which is great!
 
My only problems with the Revlon foundations is the packaging. Its awful! Sure the glass bottle is nice, but you have to pour the foundation out (which is rather thick) and it can get very messy, and a lot of the time ends up everywhere. It is also hard to judge how much product you are going to want to apply, so some of the product does get wasted unless you try and put it back in the bottle.
 
Apart from that, I have nothing but good things to say about this foundation and I urge anyone who suffers with oily skin to go to their nearest Boots or Superdrug to have a look at this foundation.
 

What are your thoughts? Have you ever tried it?
Eleanor
xxx

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely on you, working in a kitchen can cause havoc for your skin, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete