Tuesday 18 September 2012

Review | Origins Super Spot Remover

 
Nearly a month ago now, I bought this product, after having an Origins Facial and falling in love with it. I have reached for it so many times. I wouldn't call myself overly 'spotty' but I get breakouts quite often, (a lot of the time its it hormonal and due to normal teenage problems) and whenever I do, I apply a small amount of this on the offending area before I go to bed, and by the morning, the spot has decreased in size miraculously and is a lot less red and angry. I have oily skin, so spots are quite a normal thing but this has really helped.
 
On some reviews I have read, bloggers have stated the fact that they don't like the smell. Personally, I really like it. It is quite medicated and menthol, but very soothing.
If the spot is particularly angry, I'm not going to lie, when you apply it, it does sting! But for me, it is a sign that it is doing its job, and it doesn't last for long.
 
I really like the consistency. It is a gel like formula that you squeeze out of the easy controllable top. I squeeze a tiny amount on the back of my hand (a little really does go a long way) and use a cotton bud to apply it. It dries impressively quickly, so it is also easy to use in the morning, without worrying, will it dry in time for me to do my makeup?!
 
I wouldn't recommend using this on blemishes on scars. I have found that it doesn't make much of a difference. I have a lot of spot scars, but they usually fade with time. I have tried using this on them, but I don't seem to see much of a difference. But I do find that if you put it on a angry spot, scarring is minimal and you can barely tell you had a spot there!
 
You don't seem to get a lot for your money. 10ml at the price of £12 seems like a complete rip off. But I can assure you, it will last forever! I have been using mine twice a day nearly every day for nearly a month, and I haven't even touched the surface!
 
I really recommend it, or at least visiting an Origins counter where a lovely assistant will assign you a skin care routine and let you sample them.
 
Have you tried it, what are your thoughts?
 
Eleanor


No comments:

Post a Comment