Sunday 22 January 2012

Lauren Conrad Inspired Look

A few weeks ago, i did an Elena Gilbert from the Vampire Diaries Inspired look, and I really enjoyed making it. I mean, what is more fun that trying to make yourself look like a celebrity! So here is another one I have created.

I borrowed the Lauren Conrad Style book from my friend, and I love the makeup that Lauren is wearing on the front of the book. Lauren always has beautiful makeup, but this look will be perfect for Spring this year, as it is light, easy and fun!




A lot of the time, Lauren's makeup is very natural and toned-down, and the look on the front cover is her signature look. Winged eyeliner and toned down coral lips. The only coral lipstick I own is a lot more orange than the colour Lauren wears, but if you have a lighter one, then feel free to use it, or you can go with my look!

So here is the look I created:




Ill start with how I did my hair. My hair was about one and a half days old, so I just spritzed a small amount of dry shampoo into it, this will also help the top knot stay in.
I then just pulled all my hair back into a bun. Then, I used bobby pins, to secure the bun and create and 'perfect' bun. I wanted it to be perfectly round, (like Lauren's) not like my usual messy bun.





If you read my previous post, you would know, that I had been staying at my friends. (who lent me the book). And I used some of her makeup before I came home and created the final look. Ill state the makeup I used any way, even though it isn't mine!

Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (friends)
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (mine)
Benefit CORAlista Blusher (friends)

Eyes:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in RSVP (friends)
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner (mine)
Collection 2000 and Rimmel London Mascaras (mine)

First, I applied RSVP all over my lips. I then lined my whole lid with the eyeliner, and did a small feline like flick/wing at the edge of my eye. I then coated my lashes with mascara.

Lips:
Barry M Lip Paint in Coral
Barry M Glossy Tube in Coral

Like my lip look in 'The Lipstick Diaries'. I just used the lipstick and then the gloss over top. I blotted with some toilet paper, as I didn't want my lips to be too glossy.


I hope you enjoyed this post and try it out for yourself!

E
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment